A UK-based SME with 150 years' experience in quality precision textile product manufacture seeks to develop additional capabilities in wearable technology within security, healthcare, protective equipment and sports. It is looking for partner companies, universities and research institutes developing sensors and wearable technological solutions who want to incorporate their devices into apparel. The SME will provide prototype manufacturing under a manufacturing or technical cooperation agreement
Incorporating technology into textile products provides seamless solutions for personal and environmental monitoring, communication, comfort and protection. In the textiles sector there is an increasing use of sensor and digital technology to aid diagnoses and promote wellbeing in healthcare and sports, and in providing intelligent textiles solutions for personal protective equipment and security. The materials and devices used for this therefore have to be compatible with cut and sewn manufacturing processes in order for them to be commercially viable products.
A UK-based SME with over 150 years' experience in the manufacture of high quality precision textile products and headwear is looking to expand its expertise and develop additional capabilities in the area of wearable technology. The SME has worked on a variety of materials for different applications and is looking to expand its knowledge base. They are especially interested in the healthcare, sports, security and personal protective equipment sectors and is looking to work with companies, universities and research institutes developing sensors and wearable technological solutions who are looking to incorporate their devices into apparel.
The UK SME is offering their manufacturing capabilities and expertise to companies and research groups developing wearables for manufacture of prototypes and small scale research and development production runs. The SME will also provide advice regarding compatibility of partner technology with manufacturing processes. It is envisaged that the cooperation will take the form of a manufacturing agreement or a technical cooperation agreement depending on the individual circumstances of the partner.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The UK SME is looking to partner with companies, universities and research institutions who are developing healthcare technologies that are intended to be wearable. The SME will work with the partner to ensure that the technology can be incorporated into apparel in a way that is compatible with manufacturing processes. The SME will also provide prototyping and small scale feasibility study production runs. The SME is looking to develop its knowledge and experience in this technology sector in order to develop the knowledge and skills base of the company an enable them to move into a new business sector. The technology transfer provided by these partnerships will therefore help to develop the business.
It is envisaged that the partnerships will take the form of manufacturing agreements or technical cooperation agreement depending on the individual situation of the partner and their project.
The UK SME has the following advantages:
1. 150 years of experience in the manufacture of textile products and headwear.
2. Capabilities, experience and capacity for small scale production runs with an individual, tailored approach to working with collaborators, ideal for prototyping and feasibility study production runs and capable of ongoing manufacturing.
3. Experience of design improvement with a view to manufacturing.
4. Experience of working with technical fabrics and designs.
Already on the market - The SME has worked on a variety of materials for different applications and is looking to expand its knowledge base.
Clasificado como: Manufactura Industrial \ Paper, Pulp, Textiles, Leather and Footwear \ Industria
Seleccione una de las siguientes opciones para interesarse por esta oportunidad: