Una start-up israelí del área de cultivo de microalgas ha desarrollado un fotobiorreactor revolucionario que combina bajo coste y alta eficiencia y que sirve como infraestructura en proyectos de este campo. La empresa también ha desarrollado procesos de control de contaminación, captura y producción que permiten obtener productos derivados de microalgas con la máxima eficiencia. Los ingredientes de alto valor se emplean como materia prima en suplementos dietéticos, alimentos, cosméticos y productos farmacéuticos. La infraestructura de la empresa consiste en un laboratorio para preparar inóculos de microalgas, una sala limpia de cultivo, un laboratorio de producción y una planta piloto de producción con fotobiorreactores. La empresa busca socios con el fin de establecer acuerdos de cooperación en materia de investigación.
The mass production of micro-algae cfeates challenges in areas such as biology and engineering, and poses economical issues that must be overcome by technology and experience.
The company has developed novel technologies for commercial-scale cultivation and processing of microalgae and for their purification and utilization in production of active ingredients. These high-valued ingredients are used as raw materials in dietary supplements, food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
The company sees as its mission to develop and implement their cost effective commercial microalgae cultivation systems and procedures, with partners producing and marketing existing and novel microalgae high value products.
Company's infrastructure includes: a clean microalgae inoculum laboratory, a clean growth room, a production laboratory and a pilot production plant consisting of an array of photo-bioreactors (PBR)s.
The activity of the company focuses on these main areas:
• PBR and procedures optimization – optimizing the PBR structure for maximal productivity and ease of operation. The company is currently building a pilot production plant for commercial cultivation of Haematococcus Pluvialis for the production of natural astaxanthin.
• Haematococcus and astaxanthin R&D – These activities include selection and characterization of strains, classic hybridization, selection and strain development and, contamination control, natural astaxanthin formulations and quality control.
• Genetically modified (GMO) microalgae - an isolated and approved facility for cultivation of such strains.
• Microalgae species which were shown to grow efficiently in the company's systems: Haematococcus Pluvialis of various strains, Porphyridium sp., Chlamydomonas sp., Nanochloropsis sp., Chlorella sp., Tetraselmis sp.
Cooperation sought would ideally lead to the signing of a research cooperation agreement for collaboration in the field of microalgae cultivation for various commercial products and applications.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The company is looking for collaborators in the field of microalgae cultivation for various commercial products, with an emphasis on dietary supplements producers, manufacturers of functional food and/or beverages, skin care and cosmetics researchers and producers, and nutraceuticals and pharmaceuticals production.
In addition, the company would be interested to provide their expertise in order to participate in R&D projects directed at improving human health and wellbeing, including participation in clinical trials.
Another area where the company would be interested in collaboration is the application of microalgae in agriculture, animal food and aquaculture.
The company developed an advanced and revolutionary photo-bio-reactor (PBR), combining the low setup and operational costs of open systems for algae cultivation, such as an open raceway, with the high efficiencies and cultivation control of expensive and sophisticated closed systems, such as tubular PBR’s.
In addition, the company has developed novel cultivation, contamination control, harvesting and production processes and other unique processes to enable the production of microalgae-derived products at maximum efficiency.
The advantages of the company's cultivation systems and procedures vs. its competitors are the following:
• Low costs of installation and operation.
• Efficient and stable productivity in all environmental conditions and weather types
• Cleanliness and contamination control
• Suitable for cultivation of all microalgae species without limitation
• Suitable and approved facility for GMO micro-algae.
Prototype available for demonstration
Secret Know-how,Patent(s) applied for but not yet granted - Pending patent at PCT stage
Clasificado como: Manufactura Industrial \ Ciencias de la vida \ Alimentación y bebidas \ Chemistry & Chemical Engineering \ Industria
Seleccione una de las siguientes opciones para interesarse por esta oportunidad: