Un laboratorio francés fundado en 1962 y especializado en tecnologías eléctricas y ferroeléctricas ha mejorado considerablemente las propiedades eléctricas de films de terpolímeros más económicos. El objetivo es identificar las necesidades de aplicaciones de dispositivos médicos, aeroespaciales o portátiles para apoyar los procesos de desarrollo industrial. El laboratorio busca socios industriales con el fin de desarrollar un nuevo proceso para fabricar los films y está interesado en establecer acuerdos de investigación, cooperación técnica y licencia.
The French laboratory, founded in 1962, has been working on organic ferroelectric material for 15 years. Their cooperation with SME and industrial groups is about 300 k€ per year worth and led to more than 11 active patents. The lab publishes 20 articles per year with a lecture committee, 20 articles in international congresses per year and 3 PhD on different subjects. The French lab is participating in different electro active materials related thematic groups along with SME and industrial panels or associations. They are very active in numerous international collaborations, especially with Thaïland, Taïwan and Morocco, for example, they reached some research collaboration agreement on energy conversion and recovery using active polymer.
The R&D team has modified a simple material to improve the properties of terpolymer (P(VDF-TrFE-CFE) and P(VDF-TrFE-CTFE)) films. This material can be easily shaped with printed electronics manufacturing processes and therefore obtaining ferroelectric actuators or/and sensors devices at a very low cost. It could be used for medical, aerospace or portable devices applications.The process of fabrication is low cost and quicker than the industrial well-known process. With its high actuation properties and high mechanical sensors properties, this innovative electroactive polymer may have promising applications in haptic devices, actuators, mechanical sensors or pyroelectric sensors.The French Lab is looking for co-development partnerships with a view of patent licensing.
They want to reach some license agreements with interested partners for this technology. The laboratory would also be interested in negotiating research cooperation agreement or techical cooperation agreement.
- Specific area of activity of the partner: The laboratory would be interested in negotiating research cooperation agreement or technical cooperation agreement.
Markets that could be interessed are, for example, medical material, health application and other possibilities.
Specific area of activity of the partner :
- Passive films manufacturers
- Piezoelectric actuator and sensor manufacturers
- Haptic devices manufacturers
- Sensors and actuators for specific markets such as Medical/ophthalmic device, Aerospace, Portable devices (connected devices) or Security / Authentication
The lab is looking for Industrial SME, mid-caps or large companies to help them launch the technology onto the market. Also, they are open to research SME, inventors and University which could want to develop new applications for the technology.
This innovative Electro Active Polymer, based on PVDF terpolymer has many competitive advantages (cf Advantages Table below) :
• Low cost technology
– Materials used are simple existing chemicals (PVDF TrFE CFE + plasticizer).
– Devices based on this material can be manufactured by printed electronics techniques (roll to roll, screen printing, Inkjet…) and therefore can be produced in large quantities for a low cost.
• Easy integration and use
– Devices obtained are thin (less than 0,01 mm), flexible and lightweight.
– Material can be deposited directly on any substrate via Inkjet printing or aerosol-jet printing in order to further integrate the device in the end user system.
– High performance
– High strain and pressure in the same time for moderate electric field
– Mechanical sensitivity is 10 times higher than neat terpolymer
• Low power consumption
– Power consumption is 10 times lower than normal PVDF terpolymer
Prototype available for demonstration - The development has been made and tested by the lab.
Granted patent or patent application essential - one key patent on the technology in 2013. The patent is filed in Europe, US, Canada, Japan, Korea and China.
Clasificado como: Medición, Pruebas y Normas \ Servicios financieros, legales, profesionales y otros
Seleccione una de las siguientes opciones para interesarse por esta oportunidad: